[[posterous-content:CgcvHnvyDhGmpozvakjA]] First we started to explore, then quickly we needed to figure out where we were and we've been building increasing numbers ever more sophisticated maps, guide books and other sources of location based information ever since. The extension of this location based information to mobile Internet enabled devices is the obvious next step and potentially huge market. Just think of all the location based data people pay for:
- Mapping probably the biggest market segment, and the first which we'll see device convergence. Look to see the traditional GPS hardware/software become applications for the current and next generation devices.
- Reviews A common feature of newspapers, local and region
- Business Directories again, think of the big yellow book of business for every area. It's one of the most common things to look for in an area.
- Travel Guides More than just reviews, travel guides also provide us with areas of interest and all of that is very useful in an up to date online service
Related articles by Zemanta
- More on the state of the mobile web
- Travel sites wake up: Nokia to offer €8 mobile Lonely Planet guides